Te compartimos el curriculum de uno de nuestros muchos expositores en “Sports Medicine Seminar” John Daniel BVetMed MS DACVS.
Alexander John Daniel BVetMed MS DACVS
Equine veterinarian with specialty training in general surgery, arthroscopy, laparoscopy, lameness and advanced diagnostic imaging. Broad range of clinical experience prior to surgical residency including: routine care, ultrasonography, nuclear scintigraphy, reproduction, dentistry, emergency care and neonatology.
2002 – 2007 Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine, Royal Veterinary College, London
2011 – 2014 Masters of Science, Colorado State University
2011 – 2014 Equine Surgical Residency, Colorado State University
2015 Diplomate American College Veterinary Surgeons
2007 – 2008 Equine internship: Alamo Pintado Equine Medical Center, Los Olivos CA.
2008 – 2011 Associate veterinarian: Alamo Pintado Equine Medical Center, Los Olivos CA.
2011 – 2014 Equine surgical resident: Colorado State University, Veterinary Teaching Hospital.
Current: Staff surgeon: Reid and Associates, Loxahatchee, FL.
1. Daniel A, Judy C, Rick M, Herthel D, Saveraid T. Comparison of radiography, nuclear scintigraphy and Magnetic Resonance Imaging for diagnosing specific conditions of the equine distal tarsal bones (20 cases). J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2012 240(9) 1109-14
2. Daniel A, Judy C, Saveraid T. Magnetic resonance imaging of the metacarpo(tarso)phalangeal region in clinically lame horses responding to diagnostic analgesia of the palmar nerves at the base of the proximal sesamoid bones: Five cases Equine Vet. Educ. 2013 25(5) 222-228
3. Daniel A, Kawcak C. The carpus, In: Equine Sports Medicine and Surgery: basic and clinical sciences of the equine athlete, 2nd edition. Saunders, 2013 4. Daniel A, Easley J, Holt T, Huhn J, Hackett E. Laparoscopic inguinal hernioplasty in a ram. J Am Vet Med Assoc 2015 (246) 1118-1121. 5. Daniel A, McCue P, Ferris R, Miller C, Leise B. Bilateral ovarian leiomyoma treated by standing laparoscopic ovariectomy. Equine Vet Educ. 2015 27(10) 510-514 6. Daniel A, Easley J, Story M, Hendrickson D, Hackett E. Standing hand-assisted laparoscopic removal of large granulosa cell tumors using a specimen retrieval bag and morcellator. Equine Vet Educ. 2015 27 (10) 505-509.
Alexander Daniel MRCVS
7. Daniel A, Goodrich L, Barrett M, Werpy N, Morley P, McIlwraith M. An optimized injection technique of the navicular bursa that avoids the deep digital flexor tendon. Equine Vet J 2016 48(2) 159-64.
8. Daniel A, Leise B, Cloninger M, Burgess B, Morley P, Hassel D. Concentrations of serum amyloid A and plasma fibrinogen in horses undergoing emergency abdominal surgery. J Vet Emerg Crit Care 2016 26(3) 344-51.
1. Elective laparoscopic ovariohysterectomy in juvenile goats. Daniel A, Hackett E, Holt T, Callan R, Easley J. (in peer review)
2. Distension of the digital flexor tendon sheath for ultrasonographic examination compared to MRI in normal horses. Daniel A, Leise B, Barrett M, Selburg K.
3. Measurement of synovial fluid L-lactate concentration in horses with or without septic arthritis. Daniel A, Reid B
1. Measurement of synovial fluid L-lactate concentration in horses with or without septic arthritis. Daniel A, Reid B. AEEP conference 2016
2. Elective laparoscopic ovariohysterectomy in juvenile goats. Daniel A, Hackett E, Holt T, Callan R, Easley J. ACVS conference 2014.
3. Optimization of a technique to inject the navicular bursa from the lateral aspect and avoid penetration of the deep digital flexor tendon. Daniel A, Goodrich L, Werpy N, Barrett M, McIlwraith W. AAEP conference 2013, ACVS conference 2013 [CVMA conference 2013]
4. Distension of the digital flexor tendon sheath for ultrasonographic and MRI evaluation of structures within the sheath compared to tenoscopic findings in normal horses. Daniel A, Selburg K, Barrett M, Leise B ACVS conference 2013, [CSU Annual Conference 2013 CVMBS conference 2012]
5. Investigation into the association between suspensory ligament injuries and proximal sesamoid bone pathology using magnetic resonance imaging, ultrasonography and radiography. Daniel A, Judy C, Rick M, Herthel D, Saveraid T. AAEP conference 2012
6. Comparison of radiography, nuclear scintigraphy and Magnetic Resonance Imaging for diagnosing specific conditions of the equine distal tarsal bones. Daniel A, Judy C, Rick M, Herthel D, Saveraid T. AAEP conference 2009 ACVS conference 2009.
ADDITIONAL VETERINARY CE:
1. Wound management in horses. Daniel A, Leise B. Keynote speaker 2017
2. Post-operative pain management in horses. Daniel A, AAVET conference 2013
3. Equine Field Fracture Stabilization Daniel A, CVMA conference 2012
4. In-vivo and post-mortem investigation of reference point indentation (RPI) in the horse. Daniel A, Herthel D. ASBMR conference 2010 – poster
5. Bone marrow aspiration technique in the standing sedated horse.1st Annual Veterinary Regenerative Medicine conference 2010 – wet lab.
6. Techniques for harvesting bone marrow and the potential applications of bone marrow derived mesenchymal stem cells AAEVT conference 2010.
7. Water recovery in a hydro-pool after general anesthesia in the horse Daniel A, AAEVT